If you are planning to work with a home remodeling contractor, what are the topics you should negotiate before signing on the dottted line?
Let's work together to edit this list:
- Owner specs should be part of every contract
- The specifications should list the brand, make, and model numbers being used
- You should be specific about colors and any other descriptions
- Ask if any of the materials are used or scrap materials or if they are all brand new. Used can be OK, just be sure to know upfront and perhaps ask for a discount.
- Ask the timeframe to complete the project
- Ask to provide references specific to your project