Prince William and Kate Middleton, now to be known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, ride together in the Royal carriage after their wedding at Westminster Abbey. Kate & Wills announced their engagement in November last year after William proposed during a holiday in Kenya. The Royal couple will be known after the wedding as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. (Pacific Coast News)more pics »Kate Middleton got a LOT of attention on Friday, and interest in the newly minted royal is still very high. An estimated 2 billion people tuned in to watch her wed Prince William on Friday. Many of those fans have now been flocking to the Internet to learn more about the lovely bride.
The Kate Middleton wiki got a lot of traffic today.
Here's a quick bio: Catherine Elizabeth "Kate Middleton" (born 9 January 1982) is the fiancée of Prince William of Wales. On 23 November, it was announced the marriage would take place on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey. Middleton's bio reveals that she grew up in Berkshire, England and studied at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, where she met Prince Williams.
Read her wiki here or see her relationship timeline below.
In this Handout Image provided by Clarence House www.officialroyalwedding2011.org, Kate Middleton and Prince William on the day of their graduation ceremony at St Andrew's University in St Andrew's on June 23, 2005 in Scotland. (Getty Images)more pics »It's been a whirlwind romance for Kate Middleton and Prince William, who met as mere college students almost a decade ago. Here's a condensed timeline of their romance's up and downs, from the day the met in 2001 to the highly anticipated grand nuptials on April 29th, 2011.
- Fall 2001 - Kate and William both enrolled at St. Andrew's College in Scotland, and lived near each other in the St. Salvators Hall of Residence.
- March 2002 - Kate caught William's eye when she modeled at a charity fashion show, wearing a revealing see-through dress with lingerie. He told a friend he thought she was beautiful.
- September 2002 - The future lovebirds move into a student house with some other friends, including Kate's then main squeeze, Rupert Finch.
- Fall 2003 - William, Kate and their two friends move into a cottage for the third year of school, and rumors start flying that they are a couple around Christmas.
- March 2004 - William and Kate's romance is publicized when they are photographed on the ski slopes in Klosters together. Clarence House doesn't deny the rumors.
- Spring 2005 - The couple graduates together from St. Andrew's -- William with a Master's in Geography (and second honors), Kate with a Master's in History of Art.
- January 2006 - First public kiss! William is photographed kissing Kate for the first time at the Klosters.
- December 2006 - Kate attends William's graduation as an Army officer at Sandhurst.
- April 14, 2007 - William and Kate are confirmed to have split. The Sun newspaper broke a "world exclusive" about the split, which reportedly occurred on a holiday in the Swiss resort of Zermatt. The Clarence House simply stated: "We don't comment on Prince William's private life."
- June 2007 - Seen kissing again and rumors spiral that they're back together! But the duo claim they are just "good friends."
- April 11, 2008 - Kate appears at William's side at his graduation ceremony from the Royal Air Force College. Back together?
- June 16, 2008 - For her first official Royal public occasion, Kate, alongside the noble family, watches William be inaugurated into the Order of the Garter at Windsor Castle.
- February 2010 - Prince William is quoted saying "You'll have to wait a while yet" when asked about an impending wedding.
- October 2010 - Prince William pops the question to Kate with Princess Diana's 18-carat sapphire ring while vacationing in a lodge in Kenya. The couple keeps the engagement a secret until...
- November 16, 2010 - Clarence House officially announces the couple's engagement, with the following statement: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton."
- April 29, 2011 - The couple will be married in an ornate ceremony at Westminster Abbey in front of 1,900 guests. The event will be aired live on NBC, CNN, DISH, BBC, and other networks at 1 AM PT/4 AM ET.
For more pictures of Kate Middleton:
The Best and Worst Dressed at the Royal Wedding
Of all the titles bestowed upon Kate Middleton upon her royal nuptials, the only one we really care about is HRAF... more »
100 Hottest Celebrity Couples of 2011
We've found a scientific method for rating a couple's "hotness" based on four criteria: Success, Attractiveness, Popularity and Staying Power. Find out which of Hollywood's most famous pairs have it all.
Number 1 >>
Number 100 >>