About Nadya Suleman:
- Nadya is the mother of the octuplets born in California in January 2009.
- She already had 6 other children, bringing her count to 14 kids!
- The chances of delivering eight babies naturally are "unbelievably rare," said Dr. Richard Paulson
- Nadya Suleman used fertility treatments in IVF to implant the 8 fertilized eggs. She did not expect all 8 to take.
- This is the second example of live octuplet births
- Her births, and the fact that she now has 14 children, sparked a morality debate about fertiltiy treatments. Should parents use fertility methods to have so many children? Is it ethical to proceed with an 8 child pregnancy, knowing that it puts all 8 children at increased risk? Who should pay for the needs of these children, in terms of housing, health care, education, and more?