Molly Shannon, Jurnee Smollett, and Diane Lane (Getty)
Raising Hope's local market has a hilarious new owner, another Friday Night Lights grad is headed to Parenthood, and a big time movie star has signed on to play Hillary Clinton in a new NBC miniseries — keep reading for all the latest small screen casting news!
• Howdy's is about to get a whole lot more rowdy on Raising Hope. Funny lady Molly Shannon has been cast on the Fox comedy as Maxine, the new owner of the market where Jimmy and Sabrina work. Shannon will first appear in the fourth episode of the season and will recur. [Deadline]
• Friday Night Lights grad and current True Blood guest star Jurnee Smollett is headed to Parenthood. The actress will play Heather Hall, a "smart, feisty, up-and-coming political dynamo" who Kristina hires to be her campaign manager. Smollett is just the latest in the long list of FNL stars who have hung out with the Bravermans, including Matt Lauria, Minka Kelly, Michael B. Jordan, Derek Phillips, Angela Rawna and Jeff Rosick. [TVLine]
• NBC is making a miniseries about Hillary Clinton, and they've tapped Diane Lane to play the illustrious former First Lady/Senator/Secretary of State. The miniseries, which is expected to air before Clinton announces whether she'll make a run for the presidency in 2016, covers the time between 1998 and the present day.
• ER vet and Psych love interest Parminder Nagra is joining the cast of James Spader's buzzy new NBC drama The Blacklist. The actress will play Agent Margot Malik, a mentor to Megan Boone's FBI agent character, who becomes the only agent notorious criminal Raymond “Red” Reddington (Spader) will work with. [TVLine]
• Bones is giving Booth a little religion. The Fox drama has cast comedian Mather Zickel as an ex-priest who served as Booth's confessor when he was a sniper. David Boreanez's character will suffer a bout of guilt after breaking off his engagement to Brennan, so he'll seek out his former spiritual confidante, who now runs a bar. [Twitter]
• Annabeth is here to stay in Bluebell! Hart of Dixie has upped recurring guest star Kaitlyn Black, who plays Lemon's bubbly BFF, to series regular for Season 3. “Kaitlyn started off with one line, and we fell in love with her,” Dixie showrunner Leila Gerstein shared. “Her part has grown and grown as the writing staff has become more enraptured with Annabeth (and Kaitlyn)." [TVLine]