Auma Obama (born 1960) is President Barack Obama's half sister. Auma was born in Kenya in the town of Kogelo. She studied German at the University of Heidelberg from 1981 to 1987. After her graduation in Heidelberg she went on for graduate studies at the University of Bayreuth, which awarded her a PhD in 1996.
This content is based on data from multiple web sources. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- Born: 1960 (age 59–60) Nairobi, Kenya
- Nationality: Kenyan
- Citizenship: Kenyan, British
- Education: German Film and Television Academy
- Alma mater: Heidelberg University (BA) University of Bayreuth (PhD)
- Occupation: Community activist, sociologist, journalist, author
- Years active: 1980–present
- Known for: Community activism
- Parent(s): Barack Obama Sr. Kezia Obama
- Relatives: Barack Obama (brother) Malik Obama (brother)