5 Things to Know About Barrie-James O'Neill, Lana Del Rey's (Alleged) Fiance
Getty ImagesLana Del Rey sings all about "summertime sadness" (over and over and over again), but it seems like her latest summer was one for the books — in a good way. The singer allegedly got engaged to her rocker boyfriend a few months back.
According to Us Weekly's sleuthy sources, she and Barrie-James O'Neill secretly got engaged over the summer but have been hiding the news since. Well, actually, engagement rumors did go around in July, when they were house-hunting and Del Rey had a big diamond on her hand, but the buzz quickly fizzled out.
Anyway, these two have yet to confirm (or deny!) their engagement, but here's what you need to know about Mr. O'Neill regardless.
1. He has two first names. This is obvious, yes, but it's also intriguing. Apparently he goes by "Barrie," instead of "Barrie-James" or "BJ."
2. He's Scottish. Or at least that's where he was living in 2009 when he formed a band with a couple dudes he met through friends' bands and bar nights. They began writing music in a house together and later converted it into a studio.
3. The band is called Kassidy. The band has released two albums and a handful of EPs. Their latest was an EP called People Like Me and was released in April 2013.
4. The band toured with LDR. Kassidy accompanied Del Rey on the road in the spring of 2013 on her Paradise tour in Europe.
5. He has really great hair. Check it out: