Damien Hirst, born June 7, 1965, is a world renowned English artist. His work For the Love of God, a plastic skull encrusted with diamonds, sold for $50 million, making him the world's most expensive living artist. He resides in Devon, England, with his wife and three children.
This content is based on data from multiple web sources. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- Born: Damien Steven Brennan (1965-06-07) 7 June 1965 (age 55) Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Education: Jacob Kramer College Goldsmiths College
- Known for: Conceptual art, installation art, painting, sculpture
- Notable work: The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living, For the Love of God
- Movement: Young British Artists
- Awards: Turner Prize
- Website: damienhirst.com