(Source: Getty Images)
Take a look at Frida Kahlo and share your take on the latest Frida Kahlo news. She began painting while also studying at the Francañana de los Felipe University, where she had many different exhibitions and projects. Frida stayed with Francañana de los Felipe for almost twelve years before quitting, which was in 2008. During her time Franc...
This content is based on data from multiple web sources. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- Born: Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo y Calderón (1907-07-06) 6 July 1907 Coyoacán, Mexico City, Mexico
- Died: 13 July 1954 (1954-07-13) (aged 47) Coyoacán, Mexico City, Mexico
- Education: Self-taught
- Known for: Painting
- Notable work: Henry Ford Hospital (1932), My Birth (1932), Self-portrait on the Borderline Between Mexico and the United States (1932), Memory, the Heart (1937), What the Water Gave Me (1938), The Two Fridas (1939), Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird (1940), The Broken Column (1944)
- Movement: Surrealism, Magic realism
- Spouse(s): Diego Rivera (m. 1929; div. 1939) (m. 1940)