(Source: Getty Images)
John Kerry (born Dec. 11, 1943) is a Democratic politician. He won reelection to the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts against Republican challenger Jeff Beatty.
This content is based on data from multiple web sources. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- President: Barack Obama
- Deputy: William Joseph Burns Wendy Sherman (acting) Tony Blinken
- Preceded by: Thomas P. O'Neill III
- Succeeded by: Evelyn Murphy
- Governor: Michael Dukakis
- Born: John Forbes Kerry (1943-12-11) December 11, 1943 (age 76) Aurora, Colorado, U.S.
- Political party: Democratic
- Spouse(s): Julia Thorne (m. 1970; div. 1988) Teresa Heinz (m. 1995)
- Children: Alexandra, Vanessa
- Parents: Richard Kerry Rosemary Forbes
- Relatives: Forbes family
- Education: Yale University (BA) Boston College (JD)
- Allegiance: United States
- Branch/service: United States Navy
- Years of service: 1966–1978
- Unit: USS Gridley (DLG-21) Coastal Squadron 1
- Battles/wars: Vietnam War (WIA) Operation Sealords