From Left: Taylor Swift, Kaley Cuoco, Vanessa and Nick Lachey (Getty Images)
Here's the scoop on the juiciest relationship news in Hollywood this week:
• In a perfect fairytale world, Michelle Williams and Jason Segel would live happily ever after. In Hollywood, we just hope the rumors are true and they really did spend a whole night laughing and drinking wine last week. Apparently the stars started off at Chateau Marmont with pal Busy Philipps, but she ended up leaving the dinner early. So Segel and Williams stayed behind and made it until after 1:30am, when they were seen leaving the swanky venue together. Of course this is all wild speculation ignited by unnamed, highly unreliable sources. But that doesn't mean we can't keep those fingers and toes crossed, everyone!
• Does Taylor Swift have a new
• There will be no wedding bells for Kaley Cuoco and addiction specialist Josh Resnik. The Big Bang Theory star announced their plans to marry in October 2011, but she coyly told an interviewer last week that they're "not engaged anymore." No official statement about the split has been released and we doubt any other news will come from her camp. The actress has been notorious for dating under the radar. She and Big Bang co-star Johnny Galecki dated a whole two years without anyone knowing! "It was a wonderful relationship, but we never spoke a word about it and never went anywhere together," she said in a past interview.
• While Russell Brand is out doing yoga with his new girlfriend, Katy Perry wants you to know she's not writing songs about her ex. The blue-haired singer said about the well-timed breakup song, "Part of Me": "Some people that I work with were like, 'You should just say you wrote it a couple of weeks ago.' I'm like, 'I'm not a d---, I'm going to tell the truth.' I wrote it two years ago when I was writing and recording Teenage Dream, [but] it didn't feel right on the record."
However, she does admit the timing is a little strange. "Sometimes I'm like, 'Am I living in The Truman Show?' ... What's going on?'" she said. "It just feels like sometimes I'm caught in this movie where my life is paralleling my music! It seems very serendipitous, but, as un-fun as it sounds, I prepare everything. I'm overly prepared and kind of a control freak in the best of ways."
• Spring is still a couple of weeks away, but it certainly feels like it's already sprung in the celeb world with all of this baby news. Let's start with the big story: Snooki is going to be a mom! And a wife! Word of the pint-sized star's pregnancy swirled late last week with sources claiming she's already three months along. TMZ reports the reality star wants to be the best mom in the entire Jersey Shore (and beyond) and it looks as though baby daddy Jionni LaValle also plans on being in the picture. He plunked a rock on her finger recently and she wore it out for the world to see Monday. No official word from Snooki on either big development, but we have a feeling she'll start talking when the price is right.
• Vanessa Minnillo is just one of the celebs who's recently announced she's expecting. The TV personality and new husband Nick Lachey revealed the good news Monday. Mr. Lachey explained how they found out about the pregnancy in a very man-like manner while co-hosting Live! With Kelly Monday. Vanessa "started to feel a little different, not herself," he said. "So she went to the store, got a pregnancy test, and it came back positive. So we are having a baby!"
Jessica Simpson is undoubtedly delighted that she'll already be a mom by the time her ex welcomes his first child. Now they're tied, since he made it down the aisle before she did.
Look for more news on celeb love and loss in next Monday's Hookups, Breakups & Babies!
(Inset photos: Jason Segel and Kaley Cuoco by Bauer Griffin, Snooki and Jionni LaValle byGetty Images)