Rosa María "Rosie" Pérez (born September 6, 1964) is an Academy Award-nominated actress and director most recognized for her (sometimes overbearing) Brooklyn accent. She was born in Brooklyn (Bushwick to be exact) to Puerto Rican parents. She was a "Fly Girl" on In Living Color before Spike Lee discovered her and cast her in Do the Right Thing.
This content is based on data from multiple web sources. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- Born: ( 1964-09-06) September 6, 1964 (age 56) Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
- Other names: Rosa Maria Serrano
- Education: Los Angeles City College West Lost Angeles College
- Occupation: Actress, dancer, choreographer, director, activist, author
- Years active: 1986–present
- Spouse(s): Seth Zvi Rosenfeld (m. 1991; div. 2001) Eric Haze (m. 2013)