Winona Ryder Has Confirmed That 'Beetlejuice 2' Is in the Works

The people won't ignore the strange and unusual this time.

Winona Ryder Has Confirmed That 'Beetlejuice 2' Is in the Works
The Geffen Company

Winona Ryder confirmed on Monday that Beetlejuice 2 is, indeed, happening.

Ryder was only 17 years old (cast at 16) when the 1988 original was produced. Now 43, the star spilled the news on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

Beetlejuice was one of the most beloved films of its time, providing the world a stark contrast to the Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles, Princess Bride-engulfed eighties. After 27 years without a sequel, however, many had given up on the idea that we'd ever see the squad back in action.

During her discussion with Meyers, Ryder said that she wasn't entirely sure she was allowed to confirm the project, but alluded to the fact that the big guy (AKA Tim Burton) had already spilled the beans.

I think I can confirm it because Tim Burton did this interview...it was very hush hush; top-secret, and then he was doing some press for 'Big Eyes' and he did an on-camera interview and he said, ‘Oh yeah we’re doing it and Winona’s going to be in it,’ and I was like [surprised].

So, there you have it. Word is that original Betelgeuse Michael Keaton will also be a part of the new project. His official involvement has been kinda, sorta confirmed.

Winona Ryder Has Confirmed That 'Beetlejuice 2' Is in the Works
Giphy

Find me on Twitter @WellHelloCecily. Instagram @CecilyTrowbridge.
Comments