(Matheu Bitton)You're in need of some new classics, and we're here to help. Here are a few of the week's most exciting new tracks.
1. Nick Waterhouse + Thievery Corporation = Shana & The Hooligans' "Get Gone"
There's something dangerously inviting about Shana Halligan's vocals on this retro-flavored kiss-off. It's classic femme fatale. Catch the band on tour with Thievery Corporation (with whom Halligan collaborated on their single "Depth of My Soul") this week.
2. Editors + The Killers = Empires' "How Good Does It Feel"
It feels pretty good, but it sounds even better — kind of nostalgic, like memories of an aimless night drive. The Chicago-based band will be rocking Bonnaroo, Hangout Fest, Bottle Rock and ACL over the next couple of months.
3. Katy Perry + Macy Gray = Sophie & the Bom Boms' "Woman"
Today in pop bliss, there's this deliciously happy ode to the first flushes of a fiery passion. If you're reading this from work, be warned: Desk-bopping is in order.
4. Coldplay + Keane = Sheare's "Eyes"
If Coldplay's new "bleepity bloop" Avicii collaboration has left you feeling wistful for soaring pop melodies, do give this new single by New York-based performer Sheare a listen.
5. The Lumineers + La Roux = Grizfolk's "The Struggle"
Thumping Americana meets melodic electro-pop and some retro Doors-y synths in this new track... and the music video stars a bear. Something for everyone.