The 2015 VMAs were an emotional roller coaster to say the least. Miley Cyrus dropped a surprise album, Kanye West let loose, Nicki Minaj got angry, and Taylor Swift won more trophies. It was definitely an eventful night. Here's a list of the 10 most memorable moments that happened during the broadcast.
1. Is that you Justin?
2. Nicki and Taylor made up.
Nicki Minaj kicked off the show with her performance of “The Night is Still Young,” and Taylor Swift made a surprise cameo. They sang “Bad Blood” together and hugged it out. All is right in the world again. Hallelujah!
3. Kanye was all over the place. What's going on, buddy?
Somehow Kanye West experienced more erratic emotions than the contestants on The Bachelorette. He danced, he napped, he got high, and then he announced his presidential run for 2020. I mean, who wouldn't vote for Kanye?
4. Taylor and Kanye keep reliving this moment, and so do we unfortunately.
Taylor Swift presented Kanye with the Video Vanguard Award and repeated the joke that won't die. Come on, Taylor. You can write better lines than that.
5. Is there any award that Taylor hasn't won yet?
Later, Taylor won Video of the Year for “Bad Blood” and everyone pretended to be shocked as she rolled on stage with her squad of beautiful models and actresses.
6. Nicki thanked her pastor and then called Miley a "bitch." Clearly, it's all about timing.
Nicki Minaj was upset about the comments Miley Cyrus made in the New York Times. Clearly, Miley was caught off-guard and (kind of) apologized, but she should've apologized for that outfit she was wearing.
7. Miley's clothes were stranger than some of the things Lady Gaga has worn.
Miley also dressed up like a piñata and then wore a clear dress with life size M&Ms on it. Clearly, the girl has a sweet tooth.
8. Oh, Demi. Was this really necessary?
Demi Lovato looked stunning and stabbed an actual cherry-shaped piñata while performing “Cool for the Summer.” Talk about beating a metaphor to death.
9. Was anyone even keeping track of what was going on at this point?
Miley ate a brownie and Snoop Dogg turned into Babe. But does he know how the movie ends?
10. The best performance of the night was by . . .
The Weeknd performed “Can't Feel My Face,” and his amazing falsetto momentarily brought the show back to reality. He even managed to make Taylor and Kanye dance at the same time! If that feat doesn't deserve an award, then I don't know what does.