12 Stylish Wearable Tech Devices Worth Trying
2014 was the year of wearable tech—shop the standouts that merge fashion and function seamlessly.
In today's world of hyperconnectivity, we're surrounded by constant, mind-blowing innovation. See: the wearable technology industry, which is currently worth $700 million via fitness trackers alone. Reports say that number will go up to $1.4 billion by 2016!
Beyond the Jawbones and Fitbits we've come to love, the margin between fashion and tech is growing smaller and smaller, thanks to rising demand for pieces that not only provide impressive functions but seamlessly work in our day-to-day lives—and wardrobes.
It seems every week there's a new device to rave about, whether it be a cocktail ring that notifies you of texts and social media updates or a watch that accurately tracks your heartrate. Unfortunately, their novelty usually comes with a hefty pricetag. How do you know where you should spend your dollars? Luckily, we've done the legwork for you.
If you're feeling particularly giving this holiday season, these stylish wearable-tech picks are a guaranteed hit for any loved one. Of course, you can also splurge on yourself for an end-of-the-year treat. What better way to ring in 2015 than by showing off your trend prowess? Check out the slideshow at the bottom for full tech details on all of these picks!
1. LG G Watch R, $299, at att.com
2. Samsung Gear Live in Wine Red, $200, at target.com
3. Motorola Moto 360 Smart Watch in Metal, $300, at bestbuy.com
4. Cogito Classic Watch in Deep Purple, $180, at cogitowatch.com
1. Q Designs Bracelet, $78, pre-order at qdesigns.co
2. Viawear Tyia Bracelet, $269, pre-order at viawear.com
3. Siren Ring in Gold + Aventurine, $249, at sirenring.com
4. Opening Ceremony and Intel MICA Bracelet, $495, pre-order at openingceremony.us
1. Empowered Wristlet Clutch in Azure, $119, at empoweredbag.com
2. Sydney Rogers Syro Tote, $395, at sydneyrogersland.com
3. 1Voice Earwarmer in Black, $59, at 1voicenyc.com
4. What's Good Ebeanie in Red, $50, at whatsgoodebeanie.com
Find out each piece's awesome functions in the slideshow below!