(Photo: Getty Images)Sometimes the bass drops you. Dub-step guru Skrillex learned this the hard way during a recent show in Mexico City. Maybe his glasses were messed up, or maybe the half of his hair that goes past his shoulders got in his field of vision, but Skrillex definitely didn't watch where he was going on-stage. The poor little guy ran right into a piece of the stage set and got laid out. Hard. But one man's concussion is another's viral video gem. Try not to watch this clip more...Read Full Story
(Getty)Big news for EDM enthusiasts as MTV News revealed on Tuesday that mega DJs Diplo and Skrillex were joining forces for a new collaborative project called Jack U, which is set to be unleashed this summer at the Mad Decent Block Party. Since the announcement there's been much speculation on Twitter as to what this mega DJ group will sound like. Wobbling dubstep? A slow reggae stir? Or how about dance-heavy beats to inspire a wee bit of Daggering? Based on EDM fan reactions, "Dipillex...Read Full Story
(A-Trak, Skrillex, Diplo | Getty Images)Deadmau5 is probably feeling mighty left out today with news of the launch of POTATO, the new YouTube Channel created by A-Trak, Skrillex, Diplo, and IconicTV. The creators are hoping to emulate the early days of MTV with the mysteriously named new channel. Check out the trailer video below for sneak peeks at early programming.Read Full Story
Who knew making a birthday wish could be so dangerous? Skrillex figured that out the hard way earlier this week when his hair caught fire while he was blowing out his candles. The DJ (real name Sonny Moore) accidentally set his mane ablaze Tuesday night in L.A. at a private event space after leaning over his cake. Luckily, some fast-acting partygoers noticed the flames and the party carried on without further issue. Or a fire extinguisher. Or hospital stay. Whew! After the minor fire...Read Full Story
Skrillex learned a valuable lesson on his 25th birthday: Long hair and birthday candles aren't a good mix. The DJ's locks actually caught on fire while he was making a wish at his birthday bash earlier this week! The DJ (real name Sonny Moore) accidentally set his mane ablaze Tuesday night in L.A. at a private event space after leaning over his cake. Luckily, some fast-acting partygoers noticed the flames and the party carried on without further issue. Or a fire extinguisher. Or hospital stay...Read Full Story
Skrillex (born January 14, 1988) is an electro house/dubstep producer from Los Angeles, California. He was once the frontman for the American band From First to Last. Find pictures, articles and videos about Skrillex here.